These are features that are commonly included in the best diaper bag backpacks
- Capacity: If you have multiple children or are gone for hours at a time, you may be best served by a larger-sized bag. Conversely, a smaller-sized bag may be adequate if you only have one child or don°Øt leave the house frequently.
- Weight: Depending on your strength and stature, the weight may be important. Some bags (and all their features) can tip the scales at over 2.5 pounds °™ and that°Øs before you even load up your gear. If you°Øre concerned that the weight may be too much for you, pay attention to the product description and choose a lightweight model.
- Design: Diaper bag backpacks come in a multitude of designs. Some are sleek & modern, some fun & flirty, some are even camouflaged to look like a regular backpack. Choose one that fits your personality but isn°Øt so °∞on trend°± that it°Øll be outdated in a few years. And if daddy will be carrying it on occasion, make sure you check with him about whether he°Ød prefer a gender neutral color or design.
- Easy to Clean: A water-resistant exterior can be easily wiped down in the event of a spill. Between bottle mishaps, sticky post-snack fingers, and diaper blowouts, your bag is bound to get dirty. Pick one that°Øs convenient to clean.
- Storage Pockets: Since you°Øre carrying a million things, you might need a million pockets. Evaluate all the things you°Øll be putting in your diaper bag and identify your specific storage needs to keep everything neat and organized °™ and not a giant, jumbled mess in the bottom of your bag that you have to dig through every time you need something.
- Insulated Compartments: Even if you°Øre not pumping milk, it°Øs still nice to look for insulated compartments. The day will come when you°Øll be carrying baby food or sippy cups filled with regular milk, and the ability to keep them cool will be incredibly useful.